SEARCH THE SITE
Dam LevelView dam level trend
Last Updated Thu, 18th Dec
Dual Flush Toilet Rebates
How much is the rebate?
Rous Water offers a $50 rebate for the installation of a dual flush toilet or cistern to replace an existing single flush toilet or cistern.
How much water will I save?
Depending on your existing toilet cistern, a 6/3 litre dual flush cistern uses 66% less water than an old single flush unit. For the average household this means a saving of around 40,000 litres per year. That's a possible saving of $60 per year!
What are the terms and conditions?
You are eligible to participate if you meet the following terms and conditions.
- The property is a residential property on town water supplied by Ballina, Byron, Lismore, Richmond Valley or Rous Water Councils.
- The applicant is the owner or authorised managing agent of the property where the toilet and/or cistern are/is installed. The authorised managing agent must provide proof of authority to act on behalf of the property owner.
- The toilet/s or cistern/s installed are a 6/3 litre (or less) dual flush toilet or cistern.
- The toilet/cistern is being installed to replace an existing single flush toilet or cistern.
- The toilet/cistern is installed between 1 July 2014 and 30 June 2015.
- The toilet/cistern is NOT being installed to comply with a BASIX certificate issued for a new development or major renovation.
- No more than two (2) rebates are claimed per water customer account.
- The applicant has sought advice from a suitably qualified professional regarding the most suitable flush system and installation. Some single flush toilets will not work properly with a new dual flush cistern.
- A fully completed rebate application form with the sales receipt and/or plumber’s account (dated from 1 July 2014 to 30 June 2015) are provided to Rous Water. Rous Water reserves the right to return or reject incomplete applications.
- Approval for payment of the rebate is subject to receipt of the completed application form (including copies of receipts and/or plumber’s accounts) at Rous Water’s office and verification of eligibility as per the Program Terms and Conditions.
- The rebate is to be refunded by the applicant if the toilet/cistern/s are removed, returned or exchanged the within twelve (12) months of installation. Please note that your Council or Rous Water may audit the premises to verify that the new toilet/cistern/s has/have been installed satisfactorily and in accordance with the rebate application.
The rebate will be paid as a direct deposit into the bank account nominated in the application form.
Click here to download the Application Form.