SEARCH THE SITE
Rocky Creek Dam Level 97%
Last updated Wed, 26th AugView dam level trend
Dual Flush Toilet Rebates
When does the rebate program end?
Our dual flush toilet rebate program will end on 30 September 2015. Applicants will have until 31 October 2015 to submit rebate application forms.
How much is the rebate?
Rous Water offers a $50 rebate for the installation of a dual flush toilet or cistern to replace an existing single flush toilet or cistern.
How much water will I save?
Depending on your existing toilet cistern, a 6/3 litre dual flush cistern uses 66% less water than an old single flush unit. For the average household this means a saving of around 40,000 litres per year. That's a possible saving of $60 per year!
What are the terms and conditions?
You are eligible to participate if you meet the following terms and conditions.
- The property is a residential property on town water supplied by Ballina, Byron, Lismore, Richmond Valley or Rous Water Councils.
- The applicant is the owner or authorised managing agent of the property where the toilet and/or cistern are/is installed. The authorised managing agent must provide proof of authority to act on behalf of the property owner.
- The toilet/s or cistern/s installed are a 6/3 litre (or less) dual flush toilet or cistern.
- The toilet/cistern is being installed to replace an existing single flush toilet or cistern.
- The toilet/cistern is installed between 1 July 2015 and 30 September 2015.
- The toilet/cistern is NOT being installed to comply with a BASIX certificate issued for a new development or major renovation.
- No more than two (2) rebates are claimed per water customer account.
- The applicant has sought advice from a suitably qualified professional regarding the most suitable flush system and installation. Some single flush toilets will not work properly with a new dual flush cistern.
- A fully completed rebate application form with the sales receipt and/or plumber’s account (dated from 1 July 2015 to 30 September 2015) are provided to Rous Water. Rous Water reserves the right to return or reject incomplete applications.
- Approval for payment of the rebate is subject to receipt of the completed application form (including copies of receipts and/or plumber’s accounts) at Rous Water’s office and verification of eligibility as per the Program Terms and Conditions.
- The rebate is to be refunded by the applicant if the toilet/cistern/s are removed, returned or exchanged the within twelve (12) months of installation. Please note that your Council or Rous Water may audit the premises to verify that the new toilet/cistern/s has/have been installed satisfactorily and in accordance with the rebate application.
The rebate will be paid as a direct deposit into the bank account nominated in the application form.
Click here to download the Application Form.